Under general supervision, will develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing customers, and promote Lab sales to assist in achievement of individual, departmental and company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage laboratory accounts by contacting them on a regular basis and following up after the delivery of laboratory cases.
- Follow up with attendees of our laboratory education programs in an effort generate laboratory case submissions.
- Provide technical service and support for incoming cases as needed.
- Accurately maintain account information including notes on account and/or customer; ensuring notes are entered in a timely manner to ensure effective follow up calls.
- Respond to inquiries and answer technical questions regarding the Company’s product line.
- Cross-sell professional products.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including safety, security and ISO work instructions.
- Establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with peers, superiors, customers, and other key contacts.
- Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics and professionalism to peers, superiors and external contacts at all times.
- Represent the company in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain communication with lab management on all matters related to lab product sales.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing or a related field.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions within department/company guidelines.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in job performance by example.
- Ability to establish and maintain moderately complex documentation systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees of various disciplines within various departments, and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to accurately perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects.
- Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs and handle confidential data.
- Ability to drive and possess a valid driver’s license and personal injury liability insurance. Ability to use MSWord, Excel, and various office machines such as personal computer, FAX, copier, and telephone.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and use one or both hands repetitively. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and to reach with hands and arms and overhead. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually somewhat quiet.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field; and two years Sales or related experience; or equivalent combination.
Lompoc, , United States