World Oral Health Day 2018 – Say ahh: Think mouth, think health
March 20, 2018 - , Switzerland - Geneva-Cointrin
World Oral Health Day is celebrated every year on 20 March. It is an international day to celebrate the benefits of a healthy mouth and to promote worldwide awareness of the issues around oral health and the importance of oral hygiene to looking after everyone old and young.
Good oral hygiene habits, avoiding risk factors and having a regular dental check-up from early in life can help maintain optimal oral health into old age. There are many ways you can Live MOUTH SMART and make sure you have set yourself up for a healthy future. Make smart decisions when you:
- Adopt good oral hygiene habits from early in life and have regular dental check-ups. This helps you maintain optimal oral health into old age and ensures you live not only a longer life, but also one free from the physical pain and often emotional suffering caused by oral disease.
- Safeguard your oral health, which has a positive impact on your general health and well-being, helping you live a better quality of life into old age.
- Avoid risk factors such as tobacco, harmful use of alcohol and unhealthy diets – especially those rich in sugar – which helps protect your oral health and prevent other conditions such as heart disease and stroke, cancer, chronic respiratory diseases and diabetes.
- Understanding good oral health is much more than a nice smile. Oral disease can impact every aspect of your life – including your ability to perform basic functions.
- Get involved with World Oral Health Day activities on 20 March and demonstrate your commitment to protect your own and your family’s oral health.
No matter what your age – 5, 25, 65 or 85 years – oral health is vital to your general health and well-being. Get involved!