- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
Straumann BLX is a fully tapered implant system designed for immediate treatment protocols in all bone types. It is also suitable for all other treatment protocols – ranging from immediate to conventional placement and loading – to suit the dentist’s preference. It combines an innovative design for optimised stability with the high-performance Roxolid metal alloy and the SLActive surface.
The new connection of the BLX system is called TorcFit. It features a seven-degree internal cone with a star-shaped anti-rotation element. This star shape allows for greater torque transmission eliminating the need for a Loxim transfer mount.
The BLX implants are offered in a range of diameters and lengths, but the prosthetic connection is the same throughout the entire line. This consistency simplifies the prosthetic options and allows the same components to be used for all of the implants in the line. Although the standardized connection makes it possible to use just one component size, there are actually two different sizes available: Regular Base (RB) and Wide Base (WB).
- RB Components: Will work on all of the implants in the BLX line. This includes the healing abutments, impression copings, and all prosthetic abutments.
- WB Components: Will work with any of the BLX implants with a diameter of 5.0 mm or greater and can be helpful in creating a better emergence profile in large spaces. These abutments have a wider base that sits on top of the implant shoulder in addition to the internal connection.
Another unique aspect to the BLX line is that the healing and temporary abutments are designed so that they don’t fully seat inside of the implant. This prevents them from cold welding to the internal cone, making them easier to remove. The final abutments seat completely into the internal cone creating a seal that prevents bacterial contamination.